Monday 27 January 2014

Miracles do happen!



No internet makes Joeboy a little loopy.


As you read, I am currently in Coffs Harbour Treetops Resortby Wyndham. I am enjoying a little holiday over the Australia Day Weekend with the family using the Zapanta’s timeshare with Worldmark.

A beautiful thing about holidays is the complete lack contact. Though admittedly, as we settled in, I was doing a Simba with my phone, flailing away in a vain attempt to get the faintest of signals. Half a bar with Optus later and multiple attempts to buy overpriced resort wi-fi (the later abandoned due to the price… $40 per 1.2Gb?? and the wifi signal is only 2 bars on 801.2g? not worth it mate, specifically if you are trying to use it for some Forex trading) I have resorted to using my word processor to write my blog.

Now imagine doing that with your mobile, around the resort...

Miracles do happen, and I want to share that within this week (20th Jan to today 24th Jan) I have raised $3000 in cash!!!! Yeeeeee

I would like to thank the generosity of Sanctuary Christian Church and my mate Scottie for their contribution to the Foundation.

This brought the Philippine trip, in one fell swoop, all paid for. The $2000 in deficit, I will just have to fund from my own pocket.

I want to be completely transparent. The planned distribution of the $5000 would be:

$2000 – GaiN arranged transport, transfers, food, accommodation and insurance.

$1000 – Second week expenses (accommodation, food, basic stationery expenses such as internet and mobile calls)

$2000 – Set-up for the School and Foundation.


I plan to do at least 2 visits this 2014 for the Philippines, bit by bit, building the dream into reality.

Another miracle is that my mentor and sometime pastor, Dr. Mannie Velante, said that he was happy to accept the position of Chief Operations Officer for the Phoenix Foundation - Philippines.

This basically means, I have his credibility, his contacts, his network of people to work with straight off the bat!! Another blessing is that Pastor Mannie was keen as chips when I discussed the position, looking to his advice for potential candidates. His reply was, "I can do that!!"

Prayer points in these are the following:
1) Pastor and my decision to enter into this partnership is blessed by the Lord
2) Pastor's church is happy for him to move into this role and away from more of the mainstream shepherding role.
3) Lord bless us with more consistent funding as this phase of the operation is not, i repeat NOT currently sustainable. (READ: We need more money for this)

The COO is basically my representative back home. He will meet with prospective partners, converse with other churches for support and awareness, he will be my presence in the school whilst I am overseas. Decision making and business direction will be at his discretion, but I have the power of veto (though, he is my mentor... this foundation is basically hatched with his input, I doubt this will be used but it is here anyway)

Weekly skype meetings and daily phone catch ups should see this sorted. See how we go.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says: 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

May you have a blessed day!

1 comment: