Friday 21 February 2014

Romans 10:8-15 The outline of the Good News



There is no mystery that I am a Christian. I don't bash my bible, though, as it is in my smartphone and tablet. Any attempt to do so will result in what society calls "Assault and Battery"


Also this will be difficult to play Angry Birds on

I am charged to spread the "Good News", as we of the God Squad call it.

I recall being criticized (actually condemned is a better term to use) by a university classmate. Apparently my desire to spread the word of God results in the repression of culture. I have gently reminded her about the Christinisation of a culture actually encourages the culture to flourish. Post me a comment below and I can PM you the evidence. (Yet in some cases, I have to ask the commenter what evidence they will accept hehe)

Romans 10: 8 - 15:
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 11 For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

The basic outline of our faith is the belief in the Lord Jesus (v9). V13 says of the all-inclusive love that the Lord wants for our salvation.

How awesome is that?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment